Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 04:51 PM

DavidA is an unknown quantity at this point

DavidA is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting discussion. I have run all of my Toyota's on a 10k change schedule and I got 212,000 miles out of my 87 4Runner and so far my 1991 4x4 Extended Cab has about 132,000 without any oil related problems.

I truely believe that a good engine will not pollute the oil as quickly has a loosely/poor tolerance motor.

This is just my 2 cents. I run regular Castrol 10w-30 and change it every 10k. I don't really believe that I am risking anything with a good Toyota motor. Past history with my other vehicles has proven it to me.

I do believe that we are wasting resources with 3k changes.
Iridium Sparkplugs, with NGK Blue wires
Kenwood KDC-MP628
Blaupunkt Separates in all of the doors
Rockford Fosgate P2002 Sub amplifier
Kenwood 12" Subwoofer
DavidA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote