Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 02:46 PM

KaseyMcc is on a distinguished road

KaseyMcc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEL View Post
These A/T's are pretty tough, with a thorough flush (maybe 16-18 qts in your case) I imagine it'll survive just fine. TBH I probably wouldn't bother with the "filter" (more like screen) unless you really suspect something has plugged it up.

I've seen automatics survive worse, some bright spark put Chrysler ATF 4 in my buddy's old Mercedes 300SD and ran that for about 120k without ever changing it again, he swapped the fluid and filter out and it ran like a top another 100k until he sold it, and I imagine it's still going strong. That car actually called for DexII, later replaced with DexIII; but yeah I'd get the DexIII out of yours ASAP.
Thanks for the reassurance, I've been sweating it pretty good the last few days--Still a bit nervous about doing the flush causing problems but I really don't see much alternative to doing it. I imagine I could get away without changing the screen, but I would sort of like to drop the pan and inspect and clean off the pan magnets just for my own peace of mind. With it at 192,000 miles and no pan-drop/inspection having been done (to my knowledge), I feel like I might as well do it.
2004 SR5 4WD V8 , Titanium Silver, sunroof, HCF delete, K&N drop-in, Interior 6000K LED swap, map light mod, Denso Iridium TT 4702 spark plugs, Hankook DynaPro ATM tires, SilverStar Ultra lows/highs/fogs.
KaseyMcc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote