Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 11:33 AM

Scuba-Steve is on a distinguished road

Scuba-Steve is on a distinguished road
hatch electrical/mechanical problem + fuse issues

Hey guys,

For starters, I've used this forum for years now and finally a member!

I too am dealing with the rear hatch electrical/mechanical problem(no remote/window/wiper/defroster/dome) on my 02 4Runner Limited.

The reason I'm reaching out, is because I have one extra variable separate of what was mentioned in this thread. To begin, This issue started as an intermittent problem for about two days. Now nothing works(remote/window/wiper/defrost/dome). After it all failed completely I started checking fuses in hopes that is was something simple like that but knowing in the back of my mind fuses usually don't display intermittent issues. Either they work or they don't from my understanding. Anyways, so started checking fuses and come to find out while using my fuse light, I had one fuse out under the steering wheel for the STA and then under the hood I had like 7 fuses that weren't lighting up. So I tried replacing them and even if I place new ones in, I get the same results... no light up! My question is, am I dealing with an even bigger issue than just some electrical on the back hatch? What would cause fuses not to light up?

FYI: When testing the fuses, I had the keys turned over but the car wasn't running.

Thank you for your time in advance!
Scuba-Steve is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote