Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 03:49 PM

A.Wilson013 will become famous soon enough

A.Wilson013 will become famous soon enough
The Hannibal and Eezi awn are completely different beasts than Ironman, ARB, Tepui, CVT which are all very, very similar with VERY minor differences you'll only notice if you own one of them, and see another being used.

If you can afford the Hannibal and Eezi Awn, you'll be very happy with their products. When I see other people with them I am always impressed by how quickly and easily they set up.

The ARB, Ironman, CVT, etc. etc. are also good products, but nowhere near as expensive, or as quick/simple to set up as the more expensive brands.

I own a 79" CVT (full disclosure- I didn't pay a dime for it and won it in a photo contest) awning and I struggle to set it up by myself if there's any hint of wind. With two people it's pretty dang easy.

One thing that, to me, makes the ARB a little superior to the CVT is the number of velcro straps it has which secure the fabric to the horizontal poles when it's deployed. My CVT (and the Tepui and Ironmans I have seen) has 3 on each side- one in the middle, and one on either end. This leaves a gap of about 3' between mounting points which flap around in the wind and makes all sorts of noise. Big deal, right? It ALSO makes for a great spot for water to pour down or even pool up if you don't have that thing TIGHT. The ARB awnings I have seen have the straps every 18" or so which to me seems like a much better idea.

If I were in your shoes (and had the cash) I'd likely pick up the Eezi Awn. Simple to set up, and looks a lot less barbaric than the Hannibal on your vehicle. They have a "shade" line which is similar to the cheaper options, and then the 1000 and 2000 lines which are much higher quality. The 2000 is even self retracting! The 270 degree line is cool, but not practical for my needs.

If I DIDN'T have that kind of cash, I'd go with an ARB, or (like in my case) whichever brand your roof top tent is. =)

A.Wilson013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote