Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 07:58 AM

TechWrench will become famous soon enough

TechWrench will become famous soon enough
Having the same problem with my '03. Called the dealer, they said bring it in to be checked. I called the parts dept, they didn't stock relay and it would take 2-3 days to get one it. Called the service dept back, asked if they would pre-order relay so I could get it fixed in ONE trip. They said NO, they wouldn't pre-order part, they had to check it out first. Told them about TSB, they still wouldn't pre-order relay (company policy). Since I am already over my 36K warranty, and will have to pay $50.00 deductable anyway, I canceled service appt and ordered one from Patrznet for $48.81 and I will install it myself.

While checking the relay in the relay/fuse box under the hood, I noticed that there were 5 other identical relays used for other systems. I found one for the FR FOG (Front Fog lights) which I don't HAVE to use, and switched them. The A/C now works, no flashing dash indicator. When the new relay arrives, I'll put it in and return the fog light relay to its normal spot.

FYI; The other relays that use the 90987-02022 relay in my '03 are'

#2, FR FOG (front fog lights)
#7, C/OPN (works with fuel pump relay)
#8, DOME (dome light)
#9, EFI (probably electronic fuel injection)
#10, A/F HEATER (Air/fuel ratio sensor)

The relay location is on the bottom of the relay box cover when you remove it to access the relays.

So, If you REALLY need your A/C you can use the FR FOG (if you have fog lights) or the DOME relays in a pinch until you can order the new A/C relay.

PS: After checking wiring diagram manual, I would probably not want to use the DOME relay, it appears to be tied into a lot of interior functions including the theft deterrent system. So the Front Fog relay looks to be the only one you could safely use if needed.
'08 Tundra SR5 5.7 V8 Double Cab, White, Equalizer WD system, '91 Coachmen Catalina 260FK, '89 Grumman GSS w/35HP Force O/B, 8' Snowbear utility trailer, 2012 Polaris 500HO LE in Camo, 7 x 14 TWF Landscape trailer w/2 ramps.

Last edited by TechWrench; 05-05-2007 at 08:26 AM.
TechWrench is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote