Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 02:10 PM

RysiuM is on a distinguished road

RysiuM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RysiuM View Post
This would be solution if I would want to have one LED run full power regardless of the dimmer setting. But it would be annoying while driving at night.
I just remembered that I did similar thing for rear fog lights (EU thing). Besides replacing LED's with correct "orange" color I modified AOB switch as follows:

The top LED, red back-light for the fog light symbol (rear fog light is red) is not dimmable for the purpose of being a "warning light" as it is illegal to run rear fog light when there is no fog (rear fog would blind drivers behind).

For light bar I think I will use illumination +12 to power the switch (light bar via a separate 30A fuse and 40A relay will be powered directly from the battery). This way I will be able to turn on light bar with engine off and no keys in the ignition but the Main Body ECU would still turn it off via timer together with other lights. The additional benefit would be that I will need to run only one wire through the firewall (light bar fuse and relay will be mounted in the engine compartment).

BTW for light bar I did not use original AOB switch but some e-bay knock-out directly from China. From the outside and inside it looks 100% the same for 1/3 of the price. Ah, I'm cheep. I did not want to spend 40 bucks for a switch to 60 dollars light bar - it did not feel right to me. I replaced both LEDs (bottom is "toyota orange" and top is bright green) and resistors (from 2.2l to 1.5l) anyway so really the only thing left "made in China" is the switch itself, but ... all switches are made in China anyway.

Motto: Diesel is for heating, gas is for cooking, electricity is for lights. Cars use petrol.
RysiuM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote