Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 09:40 PM

Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice

Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice Black798 is just really nice
Here are some pictures and some brief details about everything that has happened before the build thread.
First thing I did was replace the stock sound system. I ended up replacing the front door speakers with a set of sound ordinance p52’s, the rears were replaced with a set of kenwoods, and the head unit was replaced with a JVC kd-r760. I also added an 8 inch powered sub to complete the sound profile.

Next I installed an outside temp in dash to the left of the steering wheel. I used a cheap thermometer from Amazon that has the temp sensor in the driver’s side mirror. Here is where I mounted the screen.
IMAG0556 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr
Next were the led fogs. I knew right away when I got the car that I would need some more light. Being on a tight budget at the time, I went for the cheapest option, a 40 dollar set of led fogs bought off eBay and installed in the lower valence. I quickly regretted this because the light output wasn’t that great and they didn’t last long. They were replaced less than a year later by another set off of eBay that have much better light output.
This worked for awhile but I finally broke down and retrofitted the headlights with projectors. I chose to install some 3” fxr projectors with 35w morimoto ballasts. I modeled my design after the retrofit that @rickashay did on his 4runner. Originally I intended for the halos to be white, but after I baked the lights and sealed them, I found out that the heat or something had caused some of the white cells to go dead since I had tested them last. So they ended up being orange and I think I actually like this look better.
Here they are installed
Headlights by Phoenix Black, on Flickr

The last major thing was tinting the front windows to match the rears. I went with the 3M colorstable film and this made a world of difference in the heat transfer through the windows while driving and as a plus the film is guaranteed to not turn purple.
Some other pictures:
Rear storage that I got for free. This will be getting an update sometime this fall.
IMAG0226 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr

Last edited by Black798; 07-02-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Black798 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote