Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 03:58 PM

Cytronus will become famous soon enough

Cytronus will become famous soon enough
TRD Pro Wheels in Matte Black w/ Black TPMS, Lugs and Locks

I've received 5 new TRD Pro 17x7 inch wheels in matte black, along with 5 flat black TPMS valve stems, ordered from eBay via description: "31 Inc 17-43018 TPMS Programmable Smart Sensor BLACK ALUMINUM REPLACEMENT STEM". They are not Toyota specific but they do fit the rim nicely. I'm not sure if the TPMS sensor that mounts inside the rim will actually fit yet but I'm assuming they will. I will order a new set of sensors to be programmed to the vehicle.

Also ordered black chrome lugs and wheel locks from Wheeler's Off-Road. Unfortunately, after hours of searching, I could not find matte or flat black lugs & locks but it should still look mean with the wheels all blacked out.

The TRD Pro rims are 7" in width, as measured correctly from inside lip to inside lip, where the tire meets the rim. The overall rim width is a hair over 8".

Many ask why Toyota went with the narrower 7" wheel on the TRD Pro vs. the wider 7.5" Trail wheel. It was primarily to reduce weight and friction and improve fuel economy, compensating for the vehicle's larger stock tires with heavier tread and added suspension weight relative to the other models. The goal was to keep advertised MPG the same across the 4Runner line up. I would've loved to have these TRD Pro wheels in a 7.5" though.
Attached Images
Cytronus 2016 4Runner Trail Premium Build Thread (Pic Heavy)-img_6141-jpg  Cytronus 2016 4Runner Trail Premium Build Thread (Pic Heavy)-img_6143-jpg  Cytronus 2016 4Runner Trail Premium Build Thread (Pic Heavy)-img_6144-jpg  Cytronus 2016 4Runner Trail Premium Build Thread (Pic Heavy)-img_6145-jpg  Cytronus 2016 4Runner Trail Premium Build Thread (Pic Heavy)-img_6150-jpg  Cytronus 2016 4Runner Trail Premium Build Thread (Pic Heavy)-img_6152-jpg 
'16 4Runner Trail Premium KDSS | 4.88 | Front E-Locker | ICON Stage 7 Billet 4" Lift | SSO Hybrid front | Warn Zeon 10-S Winch w/ RI 20" LED | Hefty Fab Alu rear dual swingout | White Knuckle Offroad Sliders | Full RCI skids | Dual Battery | ARB Dual Air | sPOD SC | TRD Wheels | 35" Cooper STT Pro | Prinsu full length | KC HiLiTES Flex 40 | OEMAudio+ Reference 500 | Much More

Build Specs, YouTube, FB & IG: https://linktr.ee/FugitiveOffroad
Cytronus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote