Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 11:59 AM

AKmoney is on a distinguished road

AKmoney is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnT4R View Post
Other than that, does anyone use State Farm? They offer a lot of great investment strategies- one of my favorites are the LifePath funds that diversify your contributions across various markets, but roll that money back into much safer vehicles(bonds, for example) the closer you get to your anticipated year of retirement. I know a lot of people who had to postpone retirement quite a few years after the housing market crashed and the stock market followed, and LifePath funds were designed to avoid those pitfalls in the future.
I think most people will be well served by opening an account with someone like Vanguard or perhaps trying an automated/algorithm-driven investment service like Betterment or Wealthfront. Personally I use Betterment; it's convenient and it has a tax-loss harvesting feature that manages to scrape up some losses each year due to typical market oscillations. I have it set up to auto-deposit every two weeks coincident with paydays so I don't have to think about it. This is on top of my company 401k plan. Remember, play the long game.
AKmoney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote