View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 08:18 PM

RioRunner is on a distinguished road

RioRunner is on a distinguished road
5100 top setting vs. stock setting with spacer

This may be covered somewhere, but my searching hasn't led me to this particular question, so here it goes...

Is there an advantage, one way or the other, between using Bilstein 5100's up front at their maximum height, or upgrading to 5100's at factory height and attaching spacers (ProComp) to achieve basically the same height?

One thought I have is that using the shocks only and utilizing their built in adjustment keeps things simple (fewer parts). On the other hand, it crossed my mind that adding the top plate spacer to factory height 5100's might give the same benefits, but retain more down travel and feel since I'm not essentially "preloading" the shocks with their built in adjustment.

I'm on a budget and can't afford true coilovers, etc., so I've decided on buying 5100's either way. As you can see, I already have the spacers.

Does anyone have any input or experience with this decision? Any factors I'm not considering? Thanks for the input