Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 01:14 PM

Dennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Dennis is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks like there will always be plenty of material to keep this thread going. I was disappointed in the FJ because you have to give up so much on-road quality for what I judge to be a pretty minor gain in off-road ability. I decided I needed two cars...

I use my 4Runner to go back and forth from my mountain cabin because it is comfortable, quiet, drives well on the freeway, gets good mileage, hauls lot of stuf, and tows my boat. In the winter, it is terrific in the snow. I also use it for touring around the many marginal dirt roads in our area when I have four passengers. The 4runner is a absolutely the best available vehicle for ALL of this, even if it isn't the coolest looking thing I've ever owned.

When I'm actually at our cabin, I drive a Wrangler Rubicon. It is fun to drive (it's a stick), super maneuverable, easy to accessorize, and I can leave the top off all summer. Best of all, I can enjoy real off-road recreational challenges that seem to be everywhere in the Sierra.

I don't think I'll ever find all of this in one vehicle.
Dennis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote