Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 06:39 AM

FreshSeabass is on a distinguished road

FreshSeabass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssBurns View Post
I'm running 255/70 and they are plenty soft with the used LC80 8.5 wraps. I would go at least 255/70 especially if you have any weight it the rear. I lowered mine from 250psi down to about 200psi. With too much weight they bottom out easy at that pressure. At 250psi they are fine with heavier loads though but not crazy stiff. I also didn't have to extend my bump stops because of the way I mounted them so I have more up travel than what you would have if you mount them in stock location. I would forsure go at 255/70 or even 360/80 if you want them a little stiffer or you have more weight in the rear (bumpers, spare tire, a bunch of tools, etc)
FINALLY!! Thanks for the input, I am building my own tube swingout tire carrier on an addicted Offroad tube rear bumper, 33x12.5 KM2, misc tools, 1st gen roll bar and cargo drawers so I am leaning towards 360/80. Also, I would like to run either OME 851's or 861's depending on how much weight I add up so, I don't think spitting a coil would be a problem I would encounter. Did you run the common frame mount, upper shock stud mount when you relocated? I've wanted to do this for a while in order to not have to struggle in a scenario where I'm reaching for that shock stud. I am also wanting to evenly distribute the weight on the shocks so a linear setup would be ideal.