View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 02:12 PM

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of

Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of Bumbo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeratBP View Post
Ok, so if I consider the 6112's after what I've read, what is the better option on a budget for the rear - 5160 or OME's, or something else? Do I need new springs? I want a lift of 2" or so and leveled.

I'm sure there is a write up somewhere for removing the XREAS and doing the install.
Budget options for the rear I would still consider using the 5100, for the money I dont think I could have bought a better shock.

That said, if you do like to push the truck or off-road often, I would look at the 5160 ICON 2.0 but I have no experience with either one of those options.

I dont know why I didn't consider the OME Nitrocharger shocks at the time, they didn't SEEM popular, but they dont cost that much more than the 5100. If anything this is probably what I should have tried first since I got OME rear coils... I didn't know until later on, but my friend has them on his Tacoma and they ride pretty nice off-road.

Rear springs: I used the OME 2895 rear coils for a 2" lift. Its a stiffer 260lb spring but it feels great on and off-road. If its a street setup and you just like a softer plush ride or you dont carry a lot of weight you might be better off with a 200lb spring. I like the stiffer ride with less body roll and feels great with a bunch of weight in the rear too.

With all my gear in the truck, it sits perfectly level, and unloaded its got a little rake to it, which its supposed to have. (6112 are on the 2nd to the highest notch setting)

Completely empty...
Fronts measure (center of wheel to fender) 23"
Rear measure (center of wheel to finder) 24"

It levels out with my full load out... I would estimate 200-300 lb? The cooler, gas, and water on the hitch mounted carrier is off axle too.

Bumbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote