Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 09:48 AM

twa318 is on a distinguished road

twa318 is on a distinguished road
Are all v8 models AWD?

I keep reading conflicting information regarding the v8 model and AWD.

According to these posts all v8 4runners are AWD:

Why is V8 Full Time AWD?

How does the all-time 4x4 work on the V8?

These sources, including wikipedia, state that only 4WD models are AWD:

4WD vs. AWD

And this post currently on the front page says ALL v8 are AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamma View Post
1)Yes, you did and you were comparing EPA estimates, and quoting my response to your prior post that non-vvti are better than vvti.

2)I said the EPA estimates are worse then went on to say all the threads on mpg (I have reviewed many) are all pretty similar from year to year.

3)All 4th Gen V8s are AWD.

4)Now the EPA is a fake Google website?

4)You already posted your numbers. 3 mpg difference. Still waiting on your proof. (Not really).

5) Ask anyone who has owned many versions of the same vehicle. Two identical spec'd cars will get different mileage. Many factors go into this, and it doesn't mean they are broken.

Seriously. You think there is 30 lb/ft torque difference when there is 10, you think the 08 V8 is not awd, and VVTI gets 3mpg better. Did you change out your blinker fluid to see if that increased your mileage? Seriously. People come to this board to get educated. What you've posted is some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent responses were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
So within that body of information I've read that 2wd v8 doesnt exist, it exists and I own it, all are AWD and only 4WD features AWD.

Can someone shed light on this for me please? Specifically, does 04 non-vvti 2WD exist or are they AWD?