Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 02:47 PM

theladyviola will become famous soon enough

theladyviola will become famous soon enough
4th Gen Stereo Install Info Including Pics of Reverse & Parking Brake Wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewkristof View Post
I just reinstalled a new backup camera and ran new video, reverse and ground wires to the front. Tapped into the red/yellow wire for reverse like before, grounded to a nearby bolt.

Picture came on but then continues to flicker and sometimes goes out. Sometimes it goes on and stays on but I get some horizontal flickering. Sometimes it doesn't even go on at all...just a black screen (it does sense reverse so I know the reverse connection is good). Didn't find a kink or anything. All brand new cables and brand new wires. I know it's not a bad video connection...I know what that is. Do I have a bad ground?

I wanted to check in with you to see how you are still liking the Kenwood DDX373BT. I usually do my own audio install but Best Buy has the unit on sale for Cyber Monday $199 installed. I, too, will be installing a backup camera in my '03 Sport and probably 1 to 2 amps. Like I said, wanted your opinion on the HU now that you've had it in for awhile. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by theladyviola; 11-27-2016 at 02:49 PM.
theladyviola is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote