View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 02:26 PM

KevCampbell4 is on a distinguished road

KevCampbell4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bode210 View Post
I have a 2016 4Runner SR5 4WD with 13k miles on it. I have a moan/grind vibration coming from the floor when decelerating from 45-30mph. It seems to be worse in colder temps but it does not do this when in 4WD. My dealership felt the issue but did not know what it was, they were thinking it could be a bearing in the transfer case. They called the Toyota FTS and after waiting over a month the guy comes out and says its "characteristic" of 5th gens and no repair necessary. I had a 2013 that never did this and I have test driven several other 2016 models and did not feel this vibration. So needless to say the dealership is siding now with Toyota and basically telling me to go pound sand. Anyone experienced this issue? Any Toyota techs know the fix?
I am having the same problem on 2016 SR5, I have 14K miles but noticed around 12K. I alerted the dealer at my last service call and they said they could not replicate. it was 60 degrees out so the vibration was very little. It was 20 degrees yesterday and the vibration was there all the way to 75 MPH.
I also noticed that when in 4WD-H the wheels seem to jump when cornering slowly, not sure if there is a relation. I do not engage 4WD much.
KevCampbell4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote