Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 02:18 PM

owyheerat will become famous soon enough

owyheerat will become famous soon enough
Just noticed this thread today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_kab0ng View Post
63 views and 3 likes, yet no posts so far? Don't let the nay sayers about community interest in Overlanding be true!
I will be following and trying to contribute to this thread. I have recently been struck by the 'overlanding' bug, and have started equipping my rig appropriately. I spend some time on Expo portal also, but this community is so big and has so much to offer (I have learned a ton on here) that it is good to see this topic considered and discussed here.

I grew up camping with my family, and loved it, but I married a great gal that doesn't enjoy camping. So I haven't done much in recent years. 3 years ago I sold my ATV's and bought a well maintained 3rd gen. I started taking it out on day excursions, exploring and learning how capable and reliable the 4runner was. Last year, I started stretching the day trips into overnighters and went on 3 multi day trips (Overlanding), and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am new at it and have plenty to learn, but am excited to do more.

Sorry for rambling, but thanks for broaching the topic.

Oh, and my rig is not my DD, so my build might be different than most.

Durwin
99 2.7l 5spd ARB locked F & R, 5.29's, dual cases, Shrockworks front bumper w/ Warn M8000s, King 25001-151EXT coilovers, OME 861/LC shocks, Stubb's sliders, Shrockworks full skids, custom built rear bumper, Kenda Klever RT 35x10.5r17 on FN FX pro 17x8's, TBU

Last edited by owyheerat; 01-10-2017 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added content
owyheerat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote