Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 04:56 PM

Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough

Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough Titanpat57 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1engineer View Post
I used a Renogy solar panel on my aluminum rack I built...100 w panel with a 10 amp MPPT controller...works great. I run a Dometic fridge from March thru November.

Starts at post #64

The 2016 ROAM 4Runner Build

I think this thread is a good idea, but agree it needs some way to keep it organized.

As far as the whole overlanding scene...if you're traveling from country to country, using sole vehicle supported accommodations for 63 nights, I thinks that's what I picture as overlanding. If you're dragging your off road trailer into parts unknown, or driving in off the main drag for 3-4 nights...in my eyes that's camping.

There seems to be a real "push" to separate the two...but I've been at this scene for 9 years (and camping a hell of a lot longer than that) and believe the term gets misused....just my 2 cents. We go to a campground and camp...then spend the day and wheel....or travel thousands of miles on paved roads with some sideline dirt roads for adventure....whatever...I think it's just important to get out and do whatever makes you most happy.

One thing I can truly appreciate is the gear improvements, and the increase in convenience that overlanding has brought out. Some really cool stuff has hit the market. I think discussing some of the pros and cons about the individual use of these types of gear, could certainly help a first timer from spending money on stuff they don't need or won't use.

White 2016 TEP .....My ROAM Truck Build....... My ROAM trailer Build
Titanpat57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote