Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 08:51 AM

greatape is on a distinguished road

greatape is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenny View Post
It worked great as a sexy rack. As a super functional rack I feel it had some downfalls. With the sides coming up to make it a "basket" you loose that space as well as loose the ability for anything to overhang. If it does overhang whatever it is is a few inches higher than the rack and moves that weight up.

I had a 200lb RTT on top and took the whole rack up, also because of the basket style that 200lbs was now 3" higher than it should be. I also didn't want to have a roof rack light bar anymore (glare on the hood) and felt it would look odd with no light where it rises in the front. AND, I had pods in the rear, but they impacted by surfboards, so made the racks day to day usefulness go down for me. Yes I could have changed the pods to smaller single row pods but those are expensive.

Also also also, I have no idea how people put an RTT on the gobi stealth, it as one of the hardest things I'd ever done

Other than all that, it's a super sexy rack! But I also feel lighter racks exist that will over more function over form.
If you are looking for a super functional rack especially for Overland use...K9 or Frontrunner all day long...both tried and true on global expeditions and provide awesome capabilities/mounting options on top and underneath
greatape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote