Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 10:59 AM

eviele is on a distinguished road

eviele is on a distinguished road
My Sport has 120k and I replaced the leaking XREAS with Bilstein 6112's up front and Icon V2.0 in the rear. To be honest, I wish I'd fixed the XREAS.

There are advantages to XREAS in my mind.
The first is the mileage, 120k on stock suspension before failure seems pretty damn good.
The second is how level it keeps your ride. When I hit the accelerator now the front end points to the sky. Staying level while cornering is nice too. Makes this four thousand pound behemoth feel almost sporty.
Finally, just the ride quality was better stock. Now the truck rides nice over some bumps, but is harsh over others.

Part of the ride is due to new tires, but the harsh moments are really harsh. It reminds me I'm in a body on frame vehicle and I never got that harshness with the stock suspension - until the fluid leaked out that is.

If I were to do it over I'd stay with XREAS, or invest in something more expensive. Maybe Icons with UCA...King Coil...I dunno, something not middle of the road.

2006 Sport V8 aka Pearl
eviele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote