Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 05:32 PM

ZionXIX is on a distinguished road

ZionXIX is on a distinguished road
I havent had a chance to remove the skid plate yet since the 2 recessed bolt heads are stripped . I have decided to replace the Clutch, Rotor, and magnet and leave the compressor in place. From what I can tell there should be enough room since almost everything is attached to the center anyway. So OEM parts are going to cost $450 if I buy all three. *Spoiler Alert* that is not going to happen. So my remaining choices are to buy one of those kits from Ebay, Amazon, Autozone that has the aforementioned components, or look into buying a re-manufactured unit and stealing the parts from that. If my compressor ever fails, I would have a unit ready to go.

Some Examples:

This one is a part kit where the magnet has some sort of plug. I dont know if its the right plug. I have noticed a couple different quality of magnets. In my opnion the higher quality magnets are fully encased in metal where as the lower quality magnets have some kind of epoxy with an open end cap.

NEW AC COMPRESSOR CLUTCH 1930 FIT 98 99 00 01 02 Toyota 4Runner V6 3.4L | eBay

Here is an Ebay remanufactured unit.

96-02 TOYOTA 4RUNNER V6L (3.4L) USA REMAN. A/C COMPRESSOR + NEW KITS W/ WRTY | eBay

And @JRZEE2000TR4LTD linked me this autozone example. It appears to me to have one of the higher quality looking magnets. As well has a plug instead of a bare wire that requires soldering.

Compressor Works A/C Clutch 667598 - Read Reviews on Compressor Works #667598

What do you guys think? If I get the reman unit, I feel that maybe the parts im looking for may be lower quality to balance out the cost of the overall unit. Although the example I posted does say its a reman nippodenso.

"Island Paradise" 1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD 235 75r15
ZionXIX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote