Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 11:54 PM

JP4RNR is on a distinguished road

JP4RNR is on a distinguished road
Oil Change Fraud.

Well I normally change the oil myself but was feeling lazy today and went to one of those quick 20 min oil change facilities called Valvoline-Quick Change. I have a 2006 4Runner V8 2WD. When doing my own oil changes I use OEM filters

I caught them ripping me off. They changed the oil but not the oil filter and they charged me for a filter.

The tech guy was basically lazy because he did have an oil filter wrench in his hand and a flashlight in the other hand I presume he was looking for the oil filter and could not find it and so he gave up or he did not want to deal with unbolting the skid plate.

So after the tech closes the hood I pull out of the service bay stop and pop open the hood, get out and I show the guy that the oil filter was not changed and he thinking I am a moron says the filter was changed and says see look at the receipt. I quickly point out that the filter installed is a Toyota stock OEM which they could not have installed and not only that the filter was very dusty on the outside.

I start yelling at the guy who claims he knows nothing about this that he just writes up the customers and so I confront the actual grease monkey who tells me my engine does not require an oil filter which really pisses me off and I proceed to tell him that he is full of shit and I was not made with just a finger. He then changes his story again and says he did not have the oil filter in stock for my vehicle. I scream for my money back which I did get back and then the guy has the nerve to tell me after I get my money back hey atleast you have clean oil. What a freaking idiot.

I am going to file a complaint with the BBB regarding this place
JP4RNR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote