Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 08:19 PM

frodiesel is on a distinguished road

frodiesel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985taylor1925 View Post
I have my throttle body apart right now as I'm trying to figure out my idle issues and noticed that the butterfly doesn't close all the way. There's a slight gap in it top and bottom. But on mine it's because the adjustment screw is set to where it keeps the butterfly just slightly open. I can tell it's been this way for a long time because I can see the yellow loctight hasn't separated.

I am having terrible issues with idle now two weeks after pulling everything off and changing the valve cover gaskets. I have poor idle initially, like to the point of where the truck struggles to start. And then once it's warmed up it idles at 1600+ rpms.

So my questions, is the butterfly supposed to be slightly open at idle? Or should I adjust the screw so it's closed. And does anyone have another idea as to why my idle is so low initially and then high once warmed up?

Throttle body is clean
Gaskets are good
All hoses were attached

One other thing I should add is that I changed the pcv valve, and the grommet was a bit loose. I didn't have a grommet so I just used rtv to seal the grommet to the valve cover, and to seal the pcv to the grommet.
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak so you just manually turned down the throttle. The yellow paint was put there at the factory.

You should replace that grommet asap and never use any rtv where there is vacuum. It will not seal and cause high idle issues, or worse be sucked into a sensor and plug something.

Last edited by frodiesel; 02-08-2017 at 08:25 PM.
frodiesel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote