Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 09:37 AM

(none) is on a distinguished road

(none) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CbatEngineer1371 View Post
I got non kdss for the simple fact that it's easier to work on (sliders lift skids remove the sway bar) I didn't really know about the kdss lean until after I made the purchase but aperently it is a very common issue. and the whole toyota techs not fully understanding is a good point, I had the same issue with my rx7 with rotary engine, most Mazda dealers wouldn't touch it except the ones that had the certified techs for the rx8s even then they where iffy. but it is your rig to do with as you please.

I don't think either choice is bad, or wrong. Keep the one you got or get the non kdss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I did the same as well. Figured if I found one with KDSS for the right price, I'd go for it, but I wasn't going to hunt one out specifically with it. I was able to procure one without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 304tmt View Post
Why not take off the kdss system and swap in regular swap bars?
Mounting points are different, I don't think it's that easy of a fix.

Have you driven the one without KDSS yet? I can see how it would be more planted while driving with the larger sway bars.

Another way to look at it is, with that $2k you are going to spend, couldn't you get the extended warranty on your current rig? Won't that cover KDSS issues for the next 100k miles? Or is that $2k enough to cover the KDSS issues themselves, should one (or both) of the pistons start leaking?