Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 02:49 PM

ArrArr is on a distinguished road

ArrArr is on a distinguished road
Well done. Seeing the end result with it carpeted, I may pull mine out and carpet the board. That looks a whole lot cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nglayton View Post
In ArrArr’s write up it appears that his drawers have these holes, but the RF945US’s don’t appear to have them. I will double check them, but if I ever take them out and off the board again, I will drill the holes myself to make disassembly and reassembly a lot easier.
That's correct. For the full-height drawers there are 2 access holes in one drawer to access the slide bolts in the other drawer and vice versa. I'm surprised yours doesn't have this, because, as you mentioned, without the access holes it would be a major PITA to access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nglayton View Post
Second is shown below in the picture. It’s a small piece of plastic trim on the bottom of the drawer frame that arrived broken. It just flops around, flexing the whole time you are working with the drawers. It should have been taped down or something. I’m not really sure what its purpose is or why it’s there. I guess it’s just for looks and will eventually break off. I mounted the drawers so it hangs down in front of the board/carpet, it would just be nice if it wasn’t half broken before I got it.
Ditto. The plastic trim covers 3/4 of the edge of the plywood for me, so I like it being there. I happened to read DirtRoadTrip's blog where he complained about it breaking off, so I knew to pay some attention to it. I wish it was just a simple bolt-on/click-on trim, rather than being fixed to the drawers. But, I'm glad it's there nonetheless.