Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 10:35 PM

weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice

weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice
TBU and rear brake refresh and other misc mods

Sept 2015 -

One of the nice things about having a 4Runner that was original to my state, Washington, is that it's so easy to work on it since there is no rust. Yeah, it rains up here, but they don't salt the roads and I don't drive on the beaches.

At the same time as I did the front, I completely rebuilt the rear brakes as well. New wheel cylinders, drums, shoes and hardware. I saved the OEM wheel cylinders as spares and rebuilt them in case one of the aftermarket ones gives out.

Painting was tedious:

I added some blingy TRD decals on top of the red caliper paint:

Put new S.S. lines in a the same time:

The whole front end setup. With the six spoke wheels, I had to use the spacers at first:

As you can see, I started digging the green/red combination and did both the front brake calipers and the rear brake drums. I took it up another notch and painted the OEM skid plates at the same time:

In January of 2016, I got her some new wheels and tires and took the spacers off now that the brakes would clear the wheels. This also shows the 3D printed SR5 flare end caps:

Last edited by weekendclimber; 05-06-2017 at 11:52 AM.
weekendclimber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote