Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 10:36 PM

weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice

weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice weekendclimber is just really nice
Sport Hood and Custom LED Interior Lighting Addition

So way back in January of 2015, there was a post advertising an IJM sport hood that popped up in the classifieds. It was located in central Texas, but the 4Runner was all the up in Washington state, 2500 miles away. At the time though, my fiance was in central Texas finishing up her post graduate degree.

I snapped up the hood from @SURF RUNNER on the condition that he would hold it until there was a chance to come pick it up while down there. I knew that my fiance would be moving back up to Seattle in the near future, and at that point there would be a chance to add it to the items that would need to get moved up there.

As advertised:

About a month later, @SURF RUNNER and I met in the middle "Aggy" country so the goods could be exchanged.

Happy camper:

It took another two years of sitting in storage in Texas and then Washington before the chance arose to finally get it painted and installed, but it was totally worth the wait!

Fresh paint!!:

During this wait time, there were continually little modifications here and there being made. One of the things that has always been annoying, was the fact that interior lighting was lacking and most particularly in the foot wells (front and back). The back seat, being infrequently used, is a catch all for the bags and boxes for things that need rides from point A to B (or Z and all points between).

Wiring up and placing lights where need wasn't incredibly difficult, but it was time consuming. In the end, it all worked out great. An update to that thread is needed with some final pictures and maybe a video showing the functionality of the foot lights staying on with the key hole light.

Last edited by weekendclimber; 05-28-2017 at 12:42 PM. Reason: filled in reserved space
weekendclimber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote