View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 01:30 PM

Trixx is on a distinguished road

Trixx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashby View Post
Hello Everyone,

After searching around I could not find a thread on getting the front and rear bumpers on the Magnetic Grey 5th Gen Trail's to match the rest of the 4Runner. I'm considering plastic dipping or vinyl wrapping them but was curious if anyone has a good source for the materials that match the best.

thank you for the knowledge and experience for best way to proceed
If you want cheap then plasti dip is best. The problem with either plasti dip or vinyl, is that beings the bumpers are silver underneath, rocks and road debris will chip the front pretty easy and the silver will stick out like a sore thumb. I am pretty picky and that would probably bug me.

While spendy, for $330 shipped you can order new factory black trd pro pieces. I actually just did that last weekend, and posted a pic of my wife changing them out in here, within 5 minutes I had a pm from a member interested in the front factory silver piece, and ended up trading him the piece for a good amount of ammo. Win win for both of us and took the sting off the $330 as well.

That aside, many members have been very happy with either plasti dip or vinyl, vinyl being more durable. I definitely wouldn't pay too much for vinyl though with the trd pro option being a bit more.
Trixx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote