Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 03:45 PM

AssBurns will become famous soon enough

AssBurns will become famous soon enough
So I got the 35's mounted, fenders trimmed, and firewall tubbed. It was quite a bit of work but totally worth it.
What I did was pull the fenders, struts and the wheelers front bump stops so that I can jack up the wheel to full bump and test fit everything. I then started trimming, and trimming and trimming. I actually had to trim more than I expected to clear at full bump and full lock. I used 18 gauge sheet metal for the patch pieces. Here is how much got cut. Be careful to not cut any of the wires in the cab!

From there I started making the patches. I started with just a piece that was eyeballed a little larger than the hole. Then tacked it on in a few spots to get the shape and mark the spots that need to be trimmed some more. Once it was trimmed where it needed to be, it got welded on.

On the drivers side, the tire actually just barely rubbed the body mount, so I just hammered the mount in a little to clear. You can see how close it is. I doubt I'll be at full bump and full lock often, if ever, so I wasn't worried about having too much clearance in that spot. 1/4" should be fine.

After everything was welded and put back together, I spayed the areas with Rustoleum bed liner.

I still need to make room in the front of the wheel well where the battery and intake is at but I'll have to save that for next weekend.
Full bump.

Tires rub on the front quite a bit. Definitely needs to be taken care of quickly.