Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 PM

Jeff Kleb is on a distinguished road

Jeff Kleb is on a distinguished road
2005 4Runner

Quote:
Originally posted by sharp4runr
Dude, whoever buys your truck will be lucky to have you as PO. From what I've read, you've taken real great care of her.

Thanks for the kind words, sir; but you are correct that the new owner of my 'baby' will be getting a great ride. Hard to believe that my lease expires exactly two months from today.

Anyway, I will install a new engine air cleaner and do an oil & filter change (Mobil-1 & OEM filter, of course) this weekend. I replaced the in-cabin air filter two weekends ago. I'll also be greasing my six zerks again with synthetic grease. I waxed her last Sunday and it was well worth the effort!

All I will need to do is replace the spark plugs (mentioned above at the beginning of this thread) and rotate the tires. The interior is very clean, but I may want to get a new set of floor mats - just for good measure.

I looked under the hood and each cylinder has two bolts that apparently hold in each spark plug. The right side looks easy, but the driver's side has some kind of bracket that will probably have to be temporarily removed. I can get my socket at those bolts, but why do I need extensions? Do I have to remove something from "inside" the cylinder head where the coil is?
{Is this something worth paying the stealership to do? I have replaced spark plugs before, but only on older OHV 'domestic' V8 engines and once on a 1990 Nissan Sentra that had everything easily accessible.}

Oh, and I do have a gapper - so that is no problem.....but how do you know what the proper setting (.045, .030, etc.) is supposed to be? NGK or Denso are the best plugs, right? What about Bosch, AC, Champion, etc., etc.? Howcome the V6 engines don't have platinum or iridium spark plugs? Even my '02 Sentra came with them.
:headslap:

Peace and good night to all.

Vehicles: 2002 Nissan Sentra & 2004 Chevrolet Silverado

Last edited by Jeff Kleb; 11-14-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Jeff Kleb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote