Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 12:19 AM

AssBurns will become famous soon enough

AssBurns will become famous soon enough
AssBurns 2000 Limited Build Thread

On my way home from work today I noticed my coolant temp started to rise, so I pulled over to check it out. My first thoughts were that I was just low on coolant or that the bumper was blocking the air flow somehow. I had a gallon of coolant in the back and a few water bottles to add to the radiator. I was super low on coolant so I knew there was an issue beyond just low coolant but wasn't quite sure where. Shortly after a CalTrans truck pulled up and the guy asked if I needed help. We topped off the radiator and started the truck. Sure enough we noticed the heater control valve broke and was dumping coolant. I was able to make it off the freeway to the nearest gas station and had my sister pick me up and take me to Autozone up the street to pick up a new part. Bummer to spend $50 on such a simple little part that isn't even OEM. Didn't have a choice at that time though. 5 minutes later I had the new part swapped in and coolant topped off. What a hassle for a Monday!