Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 12:33 AM

jakerunner is on a distinguished road

jakerunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkmagus View Post
I've been contemplating this. I think I may have to now! Do you have any close ups of how you mounted it?
I can take some pictures of the mounting brackets tomorrow. I used the stock rack mounting points, and built some s-shaped brackets to connect that to the rack.
These brackets are probably the least-pretty part of my whole rack though. Long story short, I ended up having to mount the rack an inch higher than planned, so I had to add steel spacers to the bolts between the brackets and the rack. I will probably remake the brackets in the next 6 months just because, but figured I might as well wait and see what other problems arise after having the rack on there for awhile.

If you do decide to make one similar, shoot me a message, I can share some of the things I didn't think of the first time through and maybe save you a few hiccups.
-Jake
jakerunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote