Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 10:26 PM

Billynath1988 has a spectacular aura about Billynath1988 has a spectacular aura about Billynath1988 has a spectacular aura about

Billynath1988 has a spectacular aura about Billynath1988 has a spectacular aura about Billynath1988 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoo View Post
I've been chasing a snapping popping noise in what I thought was the suspension of my 04 V8. It has a leveling kit on the front and airlift bags in the rear. I thought I started to hear the noise over a year ago after input the level kit on the front. Just spacers. The front would snap/pop when coming to a stop or slight accel conditions. Also when the front is on uneven surface or backing up with the wheel turned. I went back through every nut and bolt making sure torqued correct. Nothing changed it. I finally thought outside the box. I could get it to do it by slowly jacking up one side. I had my brother do that while I felt for the noise. Found that the front bumper/frame crash bar would bind when the chassis flexed. Loosened up all the bolts and re torqued and noise is gone. I've read lots of threads about this exact noise with no resolution. I think I found it. There are 4 nuts on each side of the crash bar that attach to the frame that need to be checked. Mine were all way over tightened. They have never been touched before. Hope this helps some guys with this noise. I'll update as time goes and see if noise stays away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive literally been chasing a noise that sounds identical to this description. Im removing my skid plates first because im still pretty sure thats what it is.. but im going to check those bolts too while im under there.. its been driving me crazy trying to figure out what it is.