Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 05:36 PM

mikebuyscars is on a distinguished road

mikebuyscars is on a distinguished road
Odemeter fraud

I am a car dealer. (not part time). I buy and sell cars every day. I would NEVER buy new. When you buy new as soon as you drive off the lot and want to trade it in at the dealer across the street you lose a minimum of $5,000, usually more like $10,000. Once you drive off the lot, the car is now a used car. It is a used car before you can even get it home. It might be a nice used car, but it is now in anyone else's or the law's eyes a USED CAR!!

Don't even get me started about the lease treadmill where you can own a used car for what you paid to use someone else's car.

Odometer fraud it out there. You need to either find a dealer that you trust or a mechanic to go with you or know what your talking about. I buy and sell more cars in a month than most people will in a lifetime. I can buy a car in less time than most people can pick out a loaf of bread and still avoid the ones with bad odometers. It is all in how the car presents itself and an experienced eye.

450,000 Odemeter fraud cars are just the ones that get caught. You can rest assured that 99 out of 100 cars on the road are ACTUAL MILEAGE. Especially as newer cars get harder and harder to tamper with. There are fewer and fewer people that can change the mileage on a car without tampering with the computer. Sometimes we find a car that just does not look/act right for the miles. We pass on that car.

Federal law says you only have to gaurantee the miles for cars 10 model years or newer. If you can prove the miles on a car are not the actual miles the seller must buy the car back. You can drive that car for as long as you want and take it back to the seller and get all your money back. A dealer does not want to be turned in for something like that, so he has to buy it back. Remember, we are talking Federal law here as in Felony!!!!

If anyone needs a good used car here in Michigan I can take care to steer you in the right direction. I am in a rather small town environment and my reputation is everyting. And of coarse we carry a few Toyota's but they do not last around here very long.
mikebuyscars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote