View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 12:46 PM

bkone is on a distinguished road

bkone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernie View Post
22. Bolt up the fuel tank skid plate. (not pictured)

23. This part I was not happy about. Perhaps others found a better way. However, the small KDSS skid plate could not be re-attached without some modification. Hence, the hacksaw.

Between the two bolts, the see the metal tab. After installing the slider, this metal tab cannot be inserted as the hole is blocked by the slider. Only way I found to install this KDSS line protector / slider was to cut off the tab. (picture is with the tab showing what to cut)

Attachment 227395

All done! Now grab a beer to ease your back pain.

Attachment 227397
Thanks for the detailed instructions. I was able to install the sliders successfully. however I still haven't installed the kdss skid. Can you please share a picture of how the skid looks after you cut the tab off?
bkone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote