Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 06:46 PM

evgeniml is on a distinguished road

evgeniml is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RysiuM View Post
Hello my friend. All your complains are valid and unfortunately I do not have any advise other than: "The grass is green, the sky is blue and that's how things are"

Nope. Learn to use Fahrenheit. I know your pain, I had the same when I moved to USA many, many years ago. First you try to complain, then scream and cry. Next you try to convert (temp minus 32 then divided by 9 and multiplied by 5) but still not good. Then one day clicks and you just know: 75 is nice and comfy, 105 is hot (maybe not for people in Arizona), 30 is freezing (for people in California), and -20 is cold for people in Minnesota.

Your truck i nothing like you have used to your whole life. You have to love it and accept with all the foreign weird stuff. Pressure in tires is in PSI, not kPa. Fuel usage is in miles from gallons, not litters per 100km. Yes, I know, the fuel pump at gas stations don't give the fuel in gallons, but your odometer is in miles, and car spec is in gallons. So top it off, pay and enjoy your ride. Don't overthink it.

I'm afraid you are right. This is the first thing they told me at Toyota dealer: "we may not have computer tools to diagnose your truck". And really, I don;t care as long as they don't need to use it.

I don't have it (never wanted it anyway), but I'm afraid the etune is proprietary system, and 4Runner was never expected to run in Europe. so you may be SOL.

I have better idea. Screw Etune nav, your phone with google maps will serve you 10 times better.

You have 2016 so I can't tell. My 2012 has compass in the center console but frankly I'm not sure how good it is. I think it need to be calibrated to magnetic deviation - maybe tech-stream can do that. I never bothered with that.

Yep. They have also electrically folded mirrors and many other gadgets that the newest top of the line 4Runner is lacking. But guess what, all European cars will not last past 300km without major engine or drive terrain trouble. Now cars are cheep made, full of useless gadgets that will break just when warranty expires - they are expendable. 4Runner is a tank. You will run it, run, and when you are ready to retire it will be hardly broken in.

My advise is, learn your truck as it is, don't try to make it something it is not. I don't know how it is in Bulgaria, but you will probably still to have to modify it a bit to make it legal (lights). But this is only as much of Europe this truck needs to see. Let it be USA truck.

I've heard few times already from people telling me: it uses to much gas, convert it propane (very popular here). I just look at them and say: you have no absolutely slightest idea what are you talking about. This is 4Runner.
Thank you very much for your answers.
I'm really glad when I find friends and understanding from so far.
How great a thing is intranet this is realized by a person sometimes.

These are the answers I was looking for.
I have already printed tables for turning the Fahrenheit into Celsius.
I just need a little time to understand the logic of American cars and their users.
Understand that he will remain an American truck.
To be completely authentic, I ordered from US original 17 wheels for winter tires.
Which, of course, is also a land cruiser but it will not be the same.
For the gas system:
I own more than 15 cars and none of them have a gas system
The gas is for cooking.
Diesel is for heating
Petrol is a pleasure
evgeniml is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote