Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 01:13 PM

toytwo is on a distinguished road

toytwo is on a distinguished road
I have an '07 V8 with the passenger side manifold leak also so I will be doing this job myself in the near future. One thing I wanted to clarify is the 2nd catalytic converter under passenger side floor (the one closest to the muffler). Mine has no cat-mounted heat shield & the drawings in the parts diagrams I have seen do not show one. There are also no witness marks on it that would indicate there was one. There is one on the driver's side under-floor cat. I noticed this when I checked for a rattle which turned out to be the driver's side floor cat. Can anyone confirm that this is how they come from the factory? There are floor mounted heat shields for both sides but only the driver's side has a cat mounted shield. In looking at the 2 cats they are shaped a bit different with the driver's side better shaped to accept the shield/clamp. Also in the parts listings the heat shield parts for the driver's side are all available but nothing for the other side & it does specify LH side for those heat shield parts. Thanks.
2007 4Runner V8 Limited
toytwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote