Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 05:26 AM

Xeromorris is on a distinguished road

Xeromorris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhda2128 View Post
I have a 2005 Toyota 4 Runner that last August 2016 the Ac would diminish out of the dash to nothing after driving for awhile. I could still hear the blower working and if i shut my car off for about 30 minutes it would start working again blows ice cold when it works. I took it to a shop and they found the evaporator freezing up and replaced it with the expansion valve. Now im back in the same boat again. took it back to the shop and when the rpms went up the low side dropped to 5 and the high side was 200 at idle low side was at 25 and high side was at 225 at idle. they evac and recharged the system and it was full no freon lose. they said that the high side line off the compressor was at 150 degrees to the condenser and out of the condenser was only 98 degrees and pressures still did the same thing and after driving for at least 45 minutes to an hour ac would slowly weaken out of the dash. They said i needed to replace the a/c condenser so they did. Now pressures are perfect at rpm with low at 25 and high at 250. I took the vehicle on a road trip to mexico and 1 hour into driving the ac diminished but you could still hear the blower working but no flow. pulled over shut it off waited 30 minutes started it up and worked fine. Now i have a thermometer in my vent and it blows cold as heck down to 36 degrees on the freeway before it goes away. I dont know what else it could be nor does the shop its at again. any idea because its come down to me driving for 30 minutes turning ac off for 3 minutes and back on for 30 minutes so i can keep it cool with out pulling over for a half an hour or more. Im lost any suggestions would help
I aactually have this exact issue. About 30-45 mins of driving and it just goes away. The air slowly stops coming out of the vents even though the speed of the blower fan doesnt change(as heard). The air then goes warm as well. Did you happen to figure it out? Or does anyone have any info on the issue?

Last edited by Xeromorris; 08-12-2017 at 05:30 AM.
Xeromorris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote