Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:09 PM

Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute

Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute Inv4drZm has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow 4th Gen Armor Thread 2.0

4th Gen Armor Thread 2.0

The original armor thread sticky made by @Dusty Driftwood has served its purpose for many years, but I felt it needed to be updated. After PM'ing Dusty we agreed something needed to be done and I felt I was in a position to help out. I have been working on the Armor Thread 2.0 in hopes of it replacing the original thread as a new sticky in the 4th gen section.

The original thread was great but I wanted to try and keep my version simpler with less text so I can add some pictures. The in-depth descriptions for each part is still easily viewed and kept up-to-date at the individual manufacturers web pages so my thread will give more of an overview of the armor options instead of a full breakdown.

Please, let me know if there is information that is missing or outdated.

Front Bumpers:
  • Plate bumpers made of 3/16" steel is the norm, with flat top, single hoop, or triple hoop options. Most if not all give you the ability to mount a winch, and some have LED light cutouts as extra options.

• Powdercoating is available from most manufacturers or bare steel options for those with spray paint skills.

• Some manufactures offer 1/4" aluminum construction for a pretty penny or two. Decreased weight and increased corrosion resistance is balanced by reduced strength and abrasion resistance.

• Most steel bumpers weight 105-130 lbs not including winches with heavy cables so beef up your suspension accordingly.

• Lots of manufacturers can add different LED light or air cutouts upon request.

• Lead times may take months so plan ahead.

Addicted Offroad - $985 - Light Weight Rare Tube Construction -

ARB - $1350 - Classic Design From The Aussie Outback -

Armorology - $? - Colorado In-House Only -

C4 Fabrication - $525-$650 - Low Profile -

CBI Offroad - $900-$1325 - Solid Design From Idaho -

Coastal Offroad - $610-$840 CDN - High Clearance Canadian DIY Kit With Aluminum Option -

Demello Offroad - $950-$1325 - Lightweight 1/8" Steel Skin -

Hard Notched Customs - $1350-$2159 - Lots of Hoop Options from Washington State

Hefty Fabworks - $1200-$1500 - Colorado Built With An Aluminum Option

Northwest Trail Innovations - $400-$580 - DIY Kit -

Relentless Fabrication - $960-$1335 - Recent Sexy Redesign -

RPM Fab - $1050-$1125 - Unique Plate Design -

Shrockworks - $1195-$1425 - Heavy-Duty But Heavier -

SOS Concepts - $900-$1765 - From The East Coast With An Aluminum Option -

4x4 Labs - Contact manufacturer for more info -

Custom - $300-$600 - Whatever You Want -
If you have the skills or are fortunate enough to know a buddy that can help you design and fabricate a front bumper it is possible to save quite a bit of money and have a unique bumper. I have around $200 of steel into mine. There are a few others out there. I already used up the 20 pics in this post so here are some links:

Here is mine.

@LTDSC's Build Thread

@Calcagno21's bumper build

@Skrrt's bumper build

Rear Bumpers:
  • Allows for mounting accessories such as spare tires, extra fuel, or fold-down camp tables.

• Expensive to manufacturer for the 4th Gen 4runner due to it's large bumper cover design.

• Some manufacturers only build their bumpers in-house on your truck due to the complexity of the installation meaning you need to drive your truck to their shop.

CBI Offroad - $1400-$3035 -

Coastal Offroad - $600-$1280 CDN - DIY Kit -

Insain Fabrication - In-house Only -

Northwest Trail Innovations - $490-$1240 DIY Kit -

Last edited by Inv4drZm; 04-28-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Inv4drZm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote