Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 03:59 PM

EddieV4runnin is a jewel in the rough EddieV4runnin is a jewel in the rough EddieV4runnin is a jewel in the rough EddieV4runnin is a jewel in the rough

EddieV4runnin is a jewel in the rough EddieV4runnin is a jewel in the rough EddieV4runnin is a jewel in the rough EddieV4runnin is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Rrunner View Post
I'm actually grateful for the pro KDSS fanboys and Toyota, I've had 5 5th gen 4runners , trail editions and now TRD off-road and I special ordered each one without KDSS. The reason I'm happy that most of them have it is it drives the overall transaction price higher it translates to higher resale and people on the used car market most have no idea. When I sold my 2013 the person asked me about KDSS I said mine did not have it , he said he was looking at one that had it and he was thinking about buying that one. I said do yourself a favor call the dealerships Toyota and Lexus and ask them how much to repair a small leak and service your KDSS system now that it's out of warranty. He said that's a good idea. After two days he called me up and said that was very frustrating nobody knows what it is and the people that did scared me with the prices, why would anybody buy that? I replied yeah but it rides better on the street and he said I'm not buying it for its street ride there's a lot better vehicles for that. I said I agree he bought it at my asking price because he could not find another one. Remember big expensive complicated options on the front end sometimes hurt resale on the backend.
In the future when these trucks are worn out and people want to modify them they're going to be looking for the 4Runner with the locking rear axle without any of that complicated suspension junk xreas and KDSS That's just common sense
I doubt it's complicated to repair. You want dealership techs you're gonna pay dealership money (Not always the best). There are plenty of good shops out there with the experience to service the system.

I have it on my 4Runner and love the damn thing.