Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 11:18 PM

theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice

theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice theesotericone is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssBurns View Post
About time! I haven’t seen any photos of your rig yet. Looks awesome! Maybe one of these days I’ll cruise up and we can do a wheeling/ camping trip. Also I saw that Dirtco had the same issue with his rack bushing. I bought some like 6 months ago, but haven’t installed yet. Maybe I’ll hold off then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's photo's of my rig all over this site. lol I finally just decided to put them in one place.

It's funny your the first one to post. I almost mentioned you when I typed the "Who's in?" line above. I figured you'd be down judging my some of your posts on here. As far as I know the road to the mine is the highest 4x4 road in Cali. I was probably still 400' shy of the top when I chickened out. That was at 11,000 feet.

I might have kept going but had a strange encounter with a guy I know at the end of the Sand Canyon trail. He's came up to the parking area on his enduro. We said hi and chatted for a bit. I told him I was planning on doing the old mine road. He looked at me and mentioned it was pretty crazy. Then he told me about a Toyota that rolled when the road broke out a few years ago. I said bye and headed up.

As soon as I realized how shitty the road was that last 1/2 mile I backed out. Why? Because I was in a Toyota. Had he said it was a Jeep that rolled I probably would have kept going. With another rig behind you or in front of you to winch off of if you slide out I think it's doable. Sketchy but doable.

I've wheeled pretty hard on those bushings for 9 months now. Honestly though, this trail was the hardest I've done. I'm really surprised that was the only damage. I fully expected to snap a CV axle. It's so tight at times you have to power through while still under full lock full stuff. I sure fire way to snap CV's like toothpicks. I'm impressed my rig made it without a rear locker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Bull View Post
Awesome! Glad to see you started your own page man. I know you don't dig taking lots of pics, but you have dine some cool mods that I am sure people around here are happy to check out. That rear bumper looks like it came together well. And it's cool to see your rig stretching its legs out on the trail.
Thanks man. I might organize some stuff and put it here but this will mainly be wheeling thread. I'll add a photo of my rig and a list of mods to the OP eventually. I'll also find a photo hosting site so you guys can blow up the photo's. The only downside to using the attachment function on the site is you can't blow them up. That and you can't add text between them. Blowing up some of those photo's gives you some cool stuff your not seeing all that well with the attachments. For instance, there's a most difficult sign off to the right of my rig in one of the pics. It looks great blown up on my comp but is hardly noticeable in the post.

As far as the bumper goes, I'm incredibly happy with it. It took a beating today. So did the skids and sliders. That trail isn't very scenic by Sierra standards but it's a beast by wheeling standards. Everything is still attached to my rig and functioning well, except that bushing. lol

Last edited by theesotericone; 08-20-2017 at 11:57 PM.
theesotericone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote