View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 07:08 PM

dot_tom is a glorious beacon of light dot_tom is a glorious beacon of light dot_tom is a glorious beacon of light dot_tom is a glorious beacon of light dot_tom is a glorious beacon of light

dot_tom is a glorious beacon of light dot_tom is a glorious beacon of light dot_tom is a glorious beacon of light dot_tom is a glorious beacon of light dot_tom is a glorious beacon of light
Appalachian Toyota Round-Up 2017 was a great time. This was my first time getting the 4R on some real trails and seeing how it did.

Friday night we showed up about 12 am to an extremely muddy field. I was instantly thankful I had an RTT. Setup was easy and a few beers later I was passed out in the tent listening to rain beat against the roof.

The next morning we got up to see the swamp/mud hole we were parked in. It was a great time. I even lost a shoe in the mud at one point.

After the drivers meeting, we met at the general store to air down and hit the first of the easy-moderate trails. It was nice having an ARB tire deflator. Once I figured it out I had the tires down to 12 psi in no time.

The trails were very wet and muddy. I was instantly impressed with how well the KO2's performed with A-Trac. What could have been messy ended up being a walk in the park up to the overlook.

Plenty of mud holes to drive through...

At the top I was able to hit a decent hill climb and then flex on a rock.

When we got back to camp we decided to snag an empty campsite that had grass, gravel, and a picnic bench. My fiance, Brooke, had to draw the line somewhere and going back to the mud hole was not an option.

We used our ground tent as a base camp to unload and keep things dry.

The next morning we ended up riding with a group of 12-14 vehicles on some more challenging Moderate trails.

I am still amazed how easy everything was in the 4R. It has been a long time since I've done any offroading so getting used to the vehicle and improving my skill and technique will take some time.

Great view on Sunday since the weather cleared up.

Saw this beauty Saturday afternoon.

Gotta love the fab work here.

Headed out with Jared from CVT. Brooke won a CVT Awning in the raffle! Big shout out to Bobby and Jared for the awning!

IG: dot_tom
dot_tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote