Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 02:11 PM

brokengranite is on a distinguished road

brokengranite is on a distinguished road
This thread has alot of ideas....

Post pics of your drawer/storage system

Ive done my fair share of sleeping in the back of trucks, anywhere from an overnight to two months on the road. It has nothing to do with being scared of bears or not wanting to sleep outside, Im just lazy. I love being able to park and go to straight to sleep with minimal effort.

I traded in my Tacoma a year ago for the 4Runner, one of the biggest concerns was whether or not Id be able to sleep in the back, there wasnt alot of information on it but I figured out a setup that works for me. Being 6'3" Ive always been cramped, including the Tacoma with its 6' bed. With the 4Runner and the seat bottoms removed, I push the passenger seat forward and tilt it forward and get 6'10" of leg room, for once Im able to stretch out completely.

Obviously going from the Tacoma to the 4Runner was quite the change, I lost a bit of storage space, and my packing methods have changed. Im still dialing in my system with the 4Runner. I use a Gobi rack to store stuff on top and try to pack minimally. Losing the tail gate from the Tacoma meant adding a camp table for cooking which I actually prefer now.

Anyways, heres a picture of my platform. I use a simple 4" ikea mattress.
More pictures here Link
Attached Images
Anyone have a camping/sleeping setup inside of the 4Runner?-1-jpg