Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 09:24 AM

TowMeOut is on a distinguished road

TowMeOut is on a distinguished road
I went with smaller tires and much more modest lift but I was worried about the same issue. I managed to find a set of the 5th-gen "snowflake" rims at a local dealership for crazy cheap ($250 with lugs). They've got 15mm more offset (or is it considered less??). Either way, they poke out an extra 15mm and I'm running narrower tires than stock (255/75R-17). This site might help you figure it out:

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/toyota/4runner/

Just remember though....going "out" will help fix your swaybar rubbing problem but may push the outside of the tire into the fender liner. Everything is a tradeoff. There's a lot of back and forth to figure out all your specs but the "tire calculator" on the same site is handy. You can put your vehicle, then the lift and tire specs, and it calculates the clearance to your suspension and fenders. It was pretty close with my modest lift/tire swap.
Nitto Terra Grapplers
TowMeOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote