View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 11:42 PM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future

I wanted to add a stereo and some more lighting (lets admit it, our headlights suck) but my battery was not up to the task. I got an Optima red-top AGM battery from a member here and love it. It has much more capacity than my old one and allows me to run the stereo or lights with the engine off and will start up strong every time.

On top of that, I also did the "Big Three" wiring using the instructions by BigFishAllDay: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...unner-how.html to make sure I'm flowing as much voltage as possibly to my engine and other components.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once the power was set up, I added a simple LED light bar under the steel bumper by cutting into the plastic valance with a hack saw. Pretty simple once you make the measurements. For us 96-98 people, just drill a couple of holes under the metal tabs (which line up perfect for me), thread a bolt through and you're golden! Love the light output it gives! The wiring was simple and I attached the relay to the side of the fender in an un-used bolt hole. The new battery terminals make hooking up accessories a complete breeze!

The switch I ordered did not fit correctly so I had to get creative to get it to fit. Worked out in the end though, after using a knock out plate and cutting a hole in the plate with a dremmel.

Last but not least, I added some higher wattage head lights. This actually helped a bit, I noticed a difference in brightness. Highly recommend these or something similar, as more LED headlights are coming onto the market.

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build

Last edited by gamefreakgc; 10-18-2017 at 12:33 AM.
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote