Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 02:02 PM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unner View Post
Nice thread!

I've sound deadened the front doors and the rear cargo floor, but that's it. I had plans and bought the stuff to do the entire truck minus the roof, but never got around to it. You might have just inspired me to finally do it this weekend. I think the weather is supposed to be pretty nice this weekend. I also might remove my box on the passenger side and put some carpet in there for the increased storage area.

What kind of carpet did you use? Just some sort of cheaper carpet from Lowes/Home Depot?

That seems like a good spot to keep softer things like straps, blanket, ropes, etc. I wouldn't want to keep shackles or anything heavy back there because I'd be afraid of denting the body panels.
I never did the foot wells (didn't want to remove front seats and the budget was a bit high for more material), but the rear doors make a difference too. For passengers, the rear doors +2 layers on the rear cargo area make a huge difference. A professional installer said that the 4Runners have some of the noisiest cargo areas out there and said he always puts a layer of mat, then foam, then mat, then foam again. It worked well for me.

It's just cheapo carpet from Home Depot. The 3M spray on adhesive made it go on very easy too, and no smearing glue around. It pretty much tripled my storage compartment, in there I have:

Wheel spacers (for spare to clear Tundra calipers)
First aid kit
Glow Stick
2 paper atlases (one nationwide and one just California)
Full length of rope
Jumper cables (12 ft)
Ratchet straps
Bungee cords

So yeah, it's worth doing for sure.

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote