Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Elite Member

octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of
Elite Member

octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of octanejunkie has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB66 View Post
Seafoam in fuel tank, check.
Seafoam in the vacuum lines, check.

Always liked doing this one because of the glorious pontiff-like white smoke! There was not a ton, but a fair amount though. The set-up I use on my MINI worked perfectly.

The threaded brass fitting is for an intercooler bung on my MINI, but it slides perfectly into the vacuum line in this application.

Used about 3/4 of the Seafoam bottle. Will put the remainder in the crankcase later today. Looks like it needs to be 1.5 ounces per quart of oil. Seems that we have about 5.5 to 6 quarts. About 1/2 can is needed, so I'll open another bottle. The oil is actually approaching the fill mark, a bit low, so that is a good thing here...
I have a similar setup with a funnel and an adapter for that hose.

SeaFoam wants 2 oz per gallon in the tank, so that’s 1 can per 8 gallons of gas or 2 cans per tankful. A less expensive option in the tank and crankcase is Marvel Mystery Oil. 32oz of that is like $3 at Walmart.

Quote:
Air filter seems ok. I have K&N oiled air filters in our other cars, not always for performance gains, but to not have those recurring costs to buy new filters. Looks like our K&N option is a drop-in, as opposed to a cone?

Speaking of air, the air box seems to pull-in outside air from the passenger wheel well area? I didn't have time to go under and explore, but it points that way...
No to K&N, it’s oil will wreak havoc with the MAF sensor over time. Just get plain paper filters, WIX or similar, and change them every second oil change or knock them out, really depends on how dusty they get. I use el cheapo air filter from Amazon via subscription that costs like $11 and doesn't require washing and oiling. I always hated that on my dirtbike.

Yes, the air box draws from the wheel well.

Quote:
Ordered some more maintenance-related stuff:

NGK (4302) BKR5EKPB 11 4 Pack x 2 (I know, wish we needed 8!)

First thought I need two of these! Learning curve is still upon me...

Are these hairline cracks?
Most guys opt for Toyota OEM fuel filters, but you are free to do as you like. Toyota’s fuel filters are lifetime so I don’t know why you are changing it. LMAO (inside joke)

8 plugs now means you only need to buy 4 next time

One set of wires, remember, one coil per two plugs LOL

Those do look like hairline cracks… got a closeup?
1959 Chevy 3100 1/2 Ton Pickup EVERYTHING done 'cept paint and body

Last edited by octanejunkie; 11-01-2017 at 08:11 PM.
octanejunkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote