Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 10:17 PM

MeefZah is a splendid one to behold MeefZah is a splendid one to behold MeefZah is a splendid one to behold MeefZah is a splendid one to behold MeefZah is a splendid one to behold MeefZah is a splendid one to behold

MeefZah is a splendid one to behold MeefZah is a splendid one to behold MeefZah is a splendid one to behold MeefZah is a splendid one to behold MeefZah is a splendid one to behold MeefZah is a splendid one to behold
The Humboldt / Lost Coast / surrounding areas thread

I've edited this post a few times since originally posted to keep it current

Greetings!

I'm not sure how much traction a thread dedicated to Humboldt and area is going to have, but I'm going to give it a good shot. Hell, I'm gonna keep it alive even if no one else contributes... just because!

I'd like to have a place where we can meet other locals, post up about routes and places to go, post pics, arrange trips, camping, wrench days, etc. Basically if it involves being outdoors in Humboldt, and especially being outdoors with your truck, it can go here!

So pop in, say 'hi', introduce yourself, describe your truck, post up some pics, and post up your favorite local route! Passing through Humboldt? Got questions, or need assistance? Holler!

About me: I'm 43. Married. No kids. Two years ago, my wife and I came through Humboldt on a random cross country camping trip. We really liked it out here and started talking about maybe moving here as we were driving back home from that trip. Six months after that trip we were selling off our house and all our stuff in Ohio, and moving to Humboldt. Crazy. I got a job with the city and Meredith got a job with the hospital.

In my free time I'm usually out on my motorcycle or in the 4R, exploring the back roads. I also enjoy camping, hiking, shooting, tinkering on my truck and bikes, and photography.

I kind of get restless with vehicles. When we moved out here I had a well modded silver 2014 TE. Since we've been out here, that's been sold; a few Tacomas have come and gone, and my wife has bought and sold a white SR5. We currently (as of June 2020) have a MGM 2017 SR5 with a lift, 33s, winch, and some other mods; and a MGM 2019 ORP set up exactly the same.

The 2017 as it currently sits:

The 2019 as it currently sits (the Yak basket only gets put on for trips):

"How rare that we can point ourselves inevitably west and go, go, go. Run out the highway and the hills. Slide our fingertips over the creases and the valleys of the impossibility that is America. You can’t grasp its vastness from a plane. It’s diversity from a map. You have to put your feet on the ground. Your hands in the dirt." - Zach Bowman
Photos, mods & trip reports

Last edited by MeefZah; 06-30-2020 at 12:37 PM.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote