Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 06:21 PM

ADK Explorer is on a distinguished road

ADK Explorer is on a distinguished road
In hopes of preventing rust as long as I can on my 2016 I sprayed 3 coats of Eastwood Internal Frame Coating inside my frame rails, cross members and lower A arms. This took 10 cans. Where I see rust starting I sand it out and repaint with Eastwood Rust Encapsulating paint. On top of all this I sprayed the crap out of everything metal underneath the truck with Fluidfilm. My sliders rusted out pretty bad last winter despite being painted with (Not) Rust-Oleum. Took them off, ground out the rust and repainted with Eastwoods and sprayed with copious amounts of Fluidfilm. I used 3 cans of FF which I pickup locally at Lowe's hardware. As you know we're having a good ole fashioned hardcore winter so we'll see in the spring how well this works. I am mixed about pressure washing on a regular basis during the winter as I usually do because I don't want to blast off all the Fluidfilm.

The Tanks Mods & Adventures http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-ge...-my-build.html
ADK Explorer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote