Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 12:54 PM

SidKo is on a distinguished road

SidKo is on a distinguished road
If you have time, mind taking a photo with a top view?

Also, how stiff or strong are the cross bars? Do they flex when adding weight to it? An example would be securing a cooler or camping equipment. Does the cross bars flex when cinching down with ratchet straps.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana Overland View Post
The rack is flat but also follows the contour of the roof. It comes standard with 8 crossbars. The rear bar is 2" I think...to clear the antenna. The rest are 3" wide and they are extruded aluminum with t-slots that accept a 5/16" carriage bolt. SSO included some carriage bolts with the kit. 8 Bars will leave the area over the sunroof empty. I ordered extra bars to cover the sunroof in case I ever need to fully load the rack, and am still awaiting delivery on the extra bars. There is some added noise, but nothing obnoxious...minimal in fact. The wind fairing has a weather/wind seal at the bottom to prevent wind from sneaking between it and the roof.
SidKo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote